We know how uncertain plans are for this coming year and understand how many things there are to consider during this time. Our full live events will not begin until February 2021, but we have put together a number of new, exciting options leading up to that anticipated time! We have also revamped our fees and deadlines, restructured the flow of live events, and come up with alternatives that will ensure your dancers don’t miss a beat no matter what happens this year… HERE WE GO!
New This Year
NO MORE LATE FEES
Our early rates are now our ONLY rates. Final Studio Registrations and competition entries are now due 21 days before an event for your planning purposes
A new membership program designed to reserve your spot in a 2021 regional city and earn perks for doing so! We will be limiting our capacity by 50% in each respective city/ballroom, and Transcend Premier is a fully refundable way to ensure your spot is reserved.
Road To Regionals
All of our fall events will be virtual, and focused specifically on training, education, and preparing for regionals!
In addition to our “Road to Regionals”, we are offering fully customized, in-person studio intensives in August-November 2020. Bring Transcend to YOU!
PLAN PLAN PLAN
Alternatives if a 2021 event is cancelled due to COVID-19, new regulations to keep your families safe, and a money back guarantee to ensure your investment is secure!
Fall 2020 Events
Road to Regionals
We have decided to focus our fall events on helping you prepare for regional events from the comfort of your studio or home! The Road to Regionals is completely open to the public and requires no submissions or studio accounts.
THE COMPETITIVE EDGE (Virtual)
- Now you have the chance to apply critiques before ever stepping on stage! Submit your competition routine(s) to the Transcend faculty to gain a COMPETITIVE EDGE!
- You receive: 3 judges’ critiques + adjudication score to see where you currently stand, and what you can improve!
- If submitting as a studio, 1 critique will be a “teacher/choreographer only” critique aimed at helping with ideas, transitions, costuming, etc.
- THERE’S MORE! The highest scoring adjudicated routine (any category) in each age division will receive FREE ENTRY into a 2021 regional live event!
Studio Tour (In-Studio)
Not ready to go to live events, or looking for a way to keep your dancers motivated and inspired? For the first time, we are bringing Transcend to your studio from August 2020 – January 2021!
- In-person masterclasses, scholarships, live performance showcase with faculty feedback, and more in the comfort of your studio!
- 30 dancers minimum required to participate
Regional Tour – LIVE EVENTS
- We are planning on hosting each of our scheduled 2021 regional events in person. This will be under new safety/health regulations (outlined below), and currently – with 50% capacity limits in each ballroom to ensure the safety of our participants.
- We realize that some dancers may feel more comfortable participating in classes from their home or studio. We will now offer a virtual workshop option at a discounted price for each of our cities. Virtual workshop participants will be eligible for all scholarships besides the Transcendent Winner/Runner-Up title. If a dancer wishes to compete, he/she will still need to compete in-person at the scheduled time.
- In order to reserve your spot without needing to pay upfront – we have introduced TRANSCEND PREMIERE. The Transcend Premiere deposit is fully refundable in the event that a city is cancelled due to COVID-19, and can be transferred to another city if needed. Registration will be cut off once capacity has been reached through Transcend Premiere reservations (you can check the status of your city on each tour stop page).
IF A LIVE EVENT MUST BE CANCELLED
- Transcend will offer a fully virtual convention/competition experience in the event of a cancelled live tour stop (minimum 50% of original in-person event participation is required for the event to proceed).
- Any already registered participants can transfer their registration to the virtual option at the discounted price (outlined below). Studios may host workshop classes from their studio, and upload videos for competition.
- All participants will be able to submit for scholarships. Competition Awards will be announced through a live streamed ceremony, and awards will be mailed to studios only within 7 days of competition. Each routine will receive 3 judges’ critiques, which will be provided within 1-2 weeks of virtual competition.
- If transferring an already paid registration to “THE FULL VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE”, a refund with the difference will be issued within 14 days of registration.
- When transferring a registration to “THE FULL VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE”: a studio may choose to not register all routines originally scheduled for the live event; however, all workshop participants originally registered must be transferred to the virtual option.
In the event of a live 2021 event cancellation, a studio may roll their registration fees over towards a customized, in-studio intensive experience. Learn more HERE
- In the event of a 2021 live event cancellation, participants may opt for a full refund if fees have already been paid.
- This applies to 2021 fees only. 2020 credits due to COVID cancellations will remain as a credit to be used indefinitely towards any Transcend event (in-person or virtual), tour city, or personalized Studio Tour.
New 2020-21 Fees
ROAD TO REGIONALS Fees
|Road to Regionals||Fees|
The Competitive Edge
|Solo/Duo/Trio (1-3)||$50 (flat rate)|
|Small Group (4-9)||$70 (flat rate)|
|Large Group & up (10+)||$90 (flat rate)|
The Ultimate Danceoffs
|Solo (1)||$95 (per dancer)|
|Group (2+)||$35 (per dancer)|
LIVE 2021 EVENT Fees
|2021 Regional LIve Events||Fees|
|Mini, Junior, Teen, Senior||$260||$160|
|Pro + Teacher||$260||$160|
|Workshop (Virtual Option)||2-Day||1-Day|
|Mini, Junior, Teen, Senior||$140||-|
|Pro + Teacher||$140||-|
|Competition (In-Person)||Fee(Per Dancer)|
|Improv Solo Competition||$90|
THE FULL VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE Fees
*in the event that a live event must be cancelled
|The Full Virtual Experience||Fees|
|Competition (Per Dancer)||Fees|
|Solo||$65 (per dancer)|
|Duo/Trio||$25 (per dancer)|
|Group||$15 (per dancer)|
- If a 2021 regional live event must be cancelled due to COVID-19, and you do not wish to participate in either of the alternative options – a full refund will be issued within 14 days of cancellation. This includes Transcend Premiere deposits.
- If a dancer has symptoms of COVID-19 or tests positive for COVID-19 – a full refund will be provided with a doctor’s note.
- If unable to attend a Transcend event for any other reason – a credit will be provided to use for 1 year.
- 2020 Credits due to COVID cancellations will remain as a credit to be used indefinitely towards any Transcend event (in-person or virtual), any future Transcend tour city, or any personalized Studio Tour.
- Refunds for virtual events will not be issued.
SAFETY REGULATIONS FOR LIVE EVENTS
The policies below are our current plans for live events as of June 25th, 2020. Please keep in mind that our first live event is not scheduled until February 2021, and guidelines are subject to change. More details will be announced in the fall.
Road to Regionals
- Maximum capacity in each of our ballrooms has been reduced by 50% to ensure distancing between dancers and visual markers/grids will be placed throughout the event to ensure distancing.
VENue, Staff, Masks + Sanitization
- Masks will be required in all common areas. Staff will be required to wear masks at all times and receive temperature checks each morning. Currently, masks will be required for dancers during workshop classes. This is subject to change based on local guidelines and mandates closer to each event.
- Extra Labor Crews are hired in each city to ensure proper sanitization between each day, for turn over from class to competition, and between groups of studios for competition.
- Hand Sanitizer will be located at all doors, and other important “touch points.”
- All transactions will be “cashless” and “contactless”.
- Water Stations and photo/video preview stations have been eliminated to reduce contact. We ask that dancers bring multiple water bottles to stay hydrated, and photo/video will be available for preview + purchase through our website!
Participation Waivers + Symptoms
- Each participant will be required to sign a waiver indicating that their temperature has been measured, and they were determined fever-free within 24 hours of the event.
- We ask that anyone with symptoms or that has come in contact with anyone with symptoms stay home (refund policy outlined above).
Competition + Award Ceremonies + Check In
- Competition will be limited to 3 studios at a time with separately assigned dressing room space and a “block schedule”. The stage, dressing rooms, and competition seating will be cleaned between groups.
- Competition Seating will be spaced out and specific seating areas will be assigned to studios. Competition + Closing Show will not be open to general public (studio staff and immediate parents/guardians only).
- Award and Scholarship Ceremonies will either be live streamed with one studio representative present to receive all awards OR will be staggered for each level to ensure minimum contact. This will be determined closer to the live event.
- Check In times for the event will be assigned by studio.