Have you always wanted personal, one-on-one feedback with some of your favorite, most sought after teachers and choreographers in the industry? Now is your chance!
Schedule a 30-minute session with one of our faculty below to work on:
- Solo choreography
- A specific skill or set of skills
- Specific choreography or combination (dancer’s choice)
Step 1: Pick what you want to work on and a faculty member listed above!
Step 2: Schedule an available time slot using the schedule below. When booking, be sure to fill out what you want to work on under “messages”.
Step 3: Create a FREE Zoom account (if you don’t already have one) here: https://zoom.us/signup
Step 4: You will receive a booking confirmation, followed by an email from your teacher with your private video conference link about 1 hour before your private. Check your email!
- General Info
- Virtual Workshop
- Virtual Competition
- The Virtual Showdown
- Rules & Notes
- Sample Schedule
- Open to public
- 2 days of classes (2 levels, 7 classes per level)
- Full, streamed competition with LIVE awards ceremony, faculty critiques, and more!
- A LIVE virtual showdown with top routines re-competed, LIVE faculty feedback (from their living rooms!), and LIVE audience voting
- Live Scholarship Ceremony with all Transcend and sponsor scholarships
- Transcendent qualification for summer Ultimate Transcendent auditions
- Registration Deadlines: May 24 9pm PDT for Competition, May 29 5pm PDT for Workshop
- Levels: Adv Beg/Int (Mini/Junior) and Advanced (Teen/Senior/Professional)
- 3 classes on Saturday, 3 Classes Sunday + Bonus Improv Session (7 classes per level)
- Workshop Access Link will be emailed out to participants the morning of the event
- All Workshop Participants are able to take classes for both levels if they wish to do so. That’s twice the classes for the same price!
- After registering, participants will automatically receive a digital form in the confirmation email for their registration. This form includes competition entry details and instructions to upload competition videos. You must upload your entry details within 24 hours of registration, and will receive a confirmation that the video was received and checked within 48 hours of submitting. If you don’t receive the link to upload for any reason – please email email@example.com.
- Participants are able to submit a video of a competition routine from previous competitions, showcases, rehearsal footage, etc. Soloists are able to submit footage of their solo filmed at home if needed. Please note: the video you submit is what will be streamed during the Live Competition.
- Participants will receive 3 Transcend Judge Critiques per routine (judges may be combined into one critique or separated depending on the age division), adjudication and placement awards during the Live Awards Ceremony, Custom virtual Awards/graphics, and a chance to be part of THE VIRTUAL SHOWDOWN
- Competition is open and streamed to the public
The Virtual Showdown
- The top 3 solos, and the top 3 groups (duo/trios-productions) in each age division will re-compete on June 3rd with LIVE faculty critiques and reactions streamed throughout the competition for every routine!
- At the end of the competition, the winners will be chosen through a LIVE audience vote and announced by our faculty judges LIVE! 1 Virtual Showdown Solo Winner and 1 Virtual Showdown Group Winner will be announced in each age division.
- Virtual Showdown Solo Winner Prize: Sponsored Gift (TBA), 1 Free Solo Entry to a 2021 Regional Event, $100 off 2020 Summer Intensive
- Virtual Showdown Group Winner Prize: 1 Free Group Entry to a 2021 Regional Event (up to a large group), 1 Free Group Virtual Private Lesson w/ Transcend Faculty of Choice
- To qualify for a scholarship, record 2 different style combos from the Workshop classes. Post on Instagram by 7pm PDT May 31 with the hashtag that applies to your age division: #transcendvirtualmini #transcendvirtualjunior #transcendvirtualteen #transcendvirtualsenior and tag @transcendtour.
- If for any reason your scholarship video gets blocked or you are not able to post it, please email “firstname.lastname@example.org” with your video and subject [Virtual Scholarship Submission]
- Ultimate Transcendents: in order to audition for the Ultimate Transcendent title in the summer, you can now pre-qualify and receive the Transcendent title at the “Transcend VIRTUALLY” event!
Workshop: $65 per person
Competition: $30 per entry
- All studios on Transcend’s 2021 invitation list receive a free teacher access code for the event! If you did not receive one the morning of the event – please contact email@example.com
- Register 10 or more entries, receive 10% off competition. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for promo code before completing payment.
- 2020 Transcendent Winners only receive workshop tuition free of charge. Use code “transcendent” at checkout!
Rules & Notes
- Participants do NOT need to be registered for the workshop to participate in the virtual competition
- Up to 2 solos per dancer; only the higher scoring solo will be eligible for a top placement award
- Critiques, Awards, and Scholarships will be emailed within 1 week of the event
*All Times PDT United States
9:30am-12:30pm: Adv Beg/Int Workshop Classes
1pm-4pm: Adv Workshop Classes
8:45am-12:30pm: Adv Beg/Int Workshop Classes
1:15pm-5pm: Adv Workshop Classes
*Submit scholarship videos by 7pm PDT
8:00am-8:00pm (times TBA): Live, Virtual Competition
8:00pm (time TBA): Competition Awards
8:00am-8:00pm (times TBA): Live, Virtual Competition
8:00pm (time TBA): Competition Awards + Virtual Showdown Nominee Announcement
2:00pm-2:30pm: Scholarship Ceremony
3:00pm-5:30pm: VIRTUAL SHOWDOWN
5:30-6:00pm: LIVE AUDIENCE VOTING + Winner Announcement!