- Submission Guidelines
- General Info
- Sample Schedule
- 2022-23 Season: Ages for both workshops and competition are calculated as of January 1st, 2023 for the entire season.
- NEW THIS YEAR: A “Munchkin” Age Division has been added for competition only (ages 5-7). Dancers ages 5-6 have the option to participate in “Mini” Workshop classes, or opt out of the competition portion.
- No late fees! Our early rates are now our ONLY rates. Studio Registrations (10+ dancers) are due 30 days before the event, and general competition deadline is 21 days before the event.
- The ages listed are a guideline for student placement. A student may be placed in a different level for the workshop if the studio owner, teacher, or parent wishes to do so.
- Pro Level dancers should have 5+ years of experience, or be looking to dance in the industry professionally.
- If a dancer wishes to switch levels, they must do so by the second class on Saturday. Standard fees may apply when switching to a higher level. There are no refunds for switching to a lower level.
- Registration and payment is accepted online for both studio owners and individuals.
- Studio Owners may register and pay online, or choose to send a check for payment after finishing online registration. Checks should be written to Transcend Productions and mailed as soon as online registration is complete to ensure submission. Please send ONE check for both workshop and competition fees. $30 will be charged for returned checks.
- All scholarships are redeemable online with registration.
- If the event is not sold out and the registration deadline has passed, individuals may register for the workshop only in person at the event. You must be able to come during “Early Check-In/Registration” hours (listed on the workshop schedule online).
- If a dancer receives a scholarship under a studio, and later wishes to use that scholarship under a different studio or an individual account – written permission from the original studio must be received.
- Weekend schedules will be emailed and updated online within 1-2 weeks prior to an event.
- Registered teachers and studio owners may dance in any level room throughout the weekend and observe any class, rehearsal, and mock audition.
- Teachers and Studio Owners will have reserved seating at the competition and Sunday Showcase.
- Observer bands may be purchased online or at the event. However, if maximum capacity has been reached prior to the event, observer bands may not be sold at the door.
- Observers must sit in the designated areas, and please keep talking to a minimum out of respect to dancers and teachers. Photography and Videography is prohibited during classes and competition.
- Observers are not allowed in any closed classes, rehearsals, and mock auditions.
- Observer bands may not be purchased for one day of workshops at a discounted price.
- Dancers registered for one day are not eligible to compete or receive scholarships at the end of the weekend.
- All tuition is non-refundable (exceptions listed below). In the event you are unable to attend the workshop or must cancel a full competition entry – you will receive a credit, valid for one year from the tour city you registered for.This applies to full competition entries only (solos or groups), and competition group entries cannot be itemized per dancer once entries have been submitted.
- In the event that Transcend has to cancel a tour stop – all participants will receive a full refund (exceptions below).
- In case of a cancellation related to COVID-19 (imposed restrictions) – Transcend will either make an effort to re-schedule the event or offer a full refund. If you are unable to attend a COVID-19 related re-scheduled event, and are within 60 days of the original event – a credit with no expiration will be provided; otherwise, a full refund will be provided.
- In cases of other Force Majeure events outside of Transcend’s control, a one year credit will be offered.
- Taking videos during classes or competition is prohibited.
- Dancers must be registered for both days of workshop classes to be able to compete or to receive a scholarship. The only exception is dancers ages 5-6 (may compete in Munchkin age division and have option of taking Mini classes).
- Depending on the city, Teens may be combined with Seniors for classes.
- Wristbands and numbers must be worn all weekend.
- Space in the workshops and competition is limited, and registration will be cut off once capacity is reached in each city (through regional reservations and/or registration). We strongly suggest reserving space, registering and booking hotels well ahead of each tour stop.
- All soloists should be ready to compete at 8am on Friday, and all other routines should be ready to compete at 2pm on Friday if needed.
Transcend is proud to offer the most diverse range of classes and styles of dance available in one event. While we strongly urge dancers to continue their ballet and foundational training on a regular basis at their studios, we hope to expand our students’ horizons beyond their normal “comfort zone”. Students are welcome and encouraged to compete in any style of dance, and will be critiqued by our qualified judges.
Transcend offers classes in contemporary, jazz, hip-hop, musical theater, ballroom, improv, industry/college seminars, on-camera/live show work, mock auditions, and more. Older dancers will also have the option to take a masterclass in heels.
We suggest all dancers bring a variety of clothing that can be layered depending on the style of dance. Teens, Seniors, and Pro level girls are encouraged to bring heels and character shoes for heels, musical theater, and/or ballroom classes.
More specific reminders and proper class attire will be emailed out with the schedule two weeks prior to each event.
- Transcendent Winner: 1 Year Free Regional Workshop Tuition (from date scholarship received), Full Workshop Tuition for “Ultimate Summer Fest”, eligibility to compete for following season “Ultimate Transcendent” title at the Ultimate Summer Fest
- Transcendent Runner-Up: 1 Free Regional Workshop Tuition (in the following season), 1/2 Workshop Tuition for “Ultimate Summer Fest”, eligibility to compete for following season “Ultimate Transcendent” title at the Ultimate Summer Fest
- Class Scholarships: Regional City 50% Off, Ultimate Summer Fest Scholarship
Since Transcend is focused on connecting our dancers with the best possible professional opportunities, select dancers will also receive class cards to prestigious dance studios around the country, admission to selected dance training programs, agency consultations, and so much more!
*All regional scholarships (with the exception of “Transcendent Winners”) may be redeemed during the following tour season in your online portal.
*Scholarships/Discounts for Transcend events may not be combined.
Scholarships are awarded at the end of the weekend, BUT…Transcend does not hold a separate audition class during regional events. While this is an invaluable skill that dancers should be practicing, we have chosen to focus the class portion on just that: class! We also encourage dancers to work to their maximum potential in all classes and all styles of dance throughout the weekend, as opposed to putting the primary focus on the audition class.
How scholarships are awarded:
Dancers will wear numbers in every class throughout the weekend, and faculty will write down numbers at the end of every class (until lunch time on the last day). The numbers are then tabulated for each age division, and announced at the Closing Show. Those with the highest tally will receive a “Transcendent Winner” Scholarship, the second highest will receive a “Transcendent Runner-Up” Scholarship, etc.