- Submission Guidelines
- General Info
- Sample Schedule
- 2020-21 Season: Ages for both workshops and competition are calculated as of January 1st, 2021 for the entire season.
- NEW THIS YEAR! No late fees! Our early rates are now our ONLY rates. Competition Registration and all studio registration is due 21 days before each event.
- The ages listed are a guideline for student placement. A student may be placed in a different level for the workshop if the studio owner, teacher, or parent wishes to do so.
- Pro Level dancers should have 5+ years of experience, or be looking to dance in the industry professionally.
- If a dancer wishes to switch levels, they must do so by the second class on Saturday. Standard fees may apply when switching to a higher level. There are no refunds for switching to a lower level.
- Registration and payment is accepted online for both studio owners and individuals.
- Studio Owners may register and pay online, or choose to send a check for payment after finishing online registration. Checks should be written to Transcend Productions and mailed as soon as online registration is complete to ensure submission. Please send ONE check for both workshop and competition fees. $30 will be charged for returned checks.
- Individuals attending only the workshop can register and pay at the door if the event is not full. If registering at the door, fees must be paid by credit card or cash.
- Registration and payment must be received 30 days prior to the event to receive the early discounted rates.
- All scholarships are redeemable online with registration.
- If a dancer registered with a studio, and later wishes to return to Transcend individually – the studio owner must register that dancer (or the individual must go through the submission process to receive their own personal login).
- Weekend schedules will be emailed and updated online within 1-2 weeks prior to an event.
- Registered teachers and studio owners may dance in any level room throughout the weekend and observe any class, rehearsal, and mock audition.
- Teachers and Studio Owners will have reserved seating at the competition and Sunday Showcase.
- Observer bands may be purchased online or at the event. However, if maximum capacity has been reached prior to the event, observer bands may not be sold at the door.
- Observers must sit in the designated areas, and please keep talking to a minimum out of respect to dancers and teachers. Photography and Videography is prohibited during classes and competition.
- Observers are not allowed in any closed classes, rehearsals, and mock auditions.
- Observer bands may not be purchased for one day of workshops at a discounted price.
- Dancers registered for one day are not eligible to compete or receive scholarships at the end of the weekend.
- All tuition is non-refundable – no exceptions. In the event you are unable to attend the workshop or cancel a full competition entry – you will receive a credit, valid for one year from the tour city you registered for.This applies to full competition entries only (solos or groups), and competition group entries cannot be itemized per dancer once entries have been submitted.
- In the event that Transcend has to cancel a tour stop – all participants will receive a full refund. In cases of Force Majeure outside of Transcend’s control, Transcend will offer clients a credit for one year (this does not apply to COVID-19 specific cancellation/refund policies, which can be found under “2020-21 Updates/Policies”).
- Taking videos during classes or competition is prohibited.
- Dancers must be registered for both days of workshop classes to be able to compete or to receive a scholarship. However, dancers may attend the workshop without competing.
- Depending on the city, Teens may be combined with Seniors and/or Pro may be combined with Teachers or Seniors for classes.
- Wristbands and numbers must be worn all weekend.
- Space in the workshops and competition is limited, and registration will be cut off once capacity is reached in each city. We strongly suggest registering and booking hotels well ahead of each tour stop.
- All solos should be ready to compete at 8am on Friday, and all other dances should be ready to compete at 2pm on Friday.
Transcend is proud to offer the most diverse range of classes and styles of dance available in one event. While we strongly urge dancers to continue their ballet and foundational training on a regular basis at their studios, we hope to expand our students’ horizons beyond their normal “comfort zone”. Students are welcome and encouraged to compete in any style of dance, and will be critiqued by our qualified judges.
Transcend offers classes in contemporary, jazz, hip-hop, musical theater, ballroom, improv, industry/college seminars, on-camera/live show work, mock auditions, and more. Older dancers will also have the option to take a masterclass in heels.
We suggest all dancers bring a variety of clothing that can be layered depending on the style of dance. Teens, Seniors, and Pro level girls are encouraged to bring heels and character shoes for heels, musical theater, and/or ballroom classes.
More specific reminders and proper class attire will be emailed out with the schedule two weeks prior to each event.
- Regional City 50% Off
- Regional City Free
- The “Transcendents” (one year free from date of scholarship)
Since Transcend is focused on connecting our dancers with the best possible professional opportunities, select dancers will also receive class cards to prestigious dance studios around the country, admission to selected dance training programs, agency consultations, and so much more!
*All regional scholarships (with the exception of “Transcendents”) can be redeemed during the following tour season.
*Scholarships/Discounts for Transcend events cannot be combined.
Who they are:
“Transcendents” are dancers who have stood out in the most classes and styles of dance throughout the weekend, and are individually chosen by the teachers at the end of each tour stop. Transcendents demonstrate diversity, passion, drive, and leadership skills. These are individuals that directly represent all that Transcend stands for!
What they receive:
The Transcendents will be announced on Sunday for each age category (Mini-Pro), and will be able to attend all tour cities free for one year from the date they were chosen. After the Sunday Showcase, each level will be filmed doing two combinations learned on Saturday (one contemporary and one hip-hop).
Becoming an Ultimate Transcendent:
At the end of the tour season, the Faculty will pick the Ultimate Transcendents to assist in classes the following season. Ultimate Transcendents are chosen directly from those awarded Transcendent. Ultimate Transcendents may only be considered to be an assistant for the tour season that directly follows when they received the award. For example, if a dancer becomes a Transcendent in March 2018, he/she would only be eligible to be an assistant in the 2018-2019 Tour.